Yabbie & Sour Cream - Entree
300 - 400g yabbie tail flesh (or other freshwater cray), raw or cooked
Frying Pan, Oven preheated @ 170°C/325°F
about 35 minutes
- 300 - 400g yabbie tail flesh (or other freshwater cray), raw or cooked
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup stock (prawn, fish or chicken)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 cups grated cheese (choose your favourite)
- salt, pepper, cayenne
- 1/2 cup coarsely crumbed dry biscuits
- 1/4 cup melted butter extra
Gently fry the onion in 3 tablespoons of butter and add yabbie flesh (if it's raw) and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the flour, and cook gently for a further 2 minutes, then pur in the stock and stir constantly until the mixture boils and thickens.
Add sour cream and yabbies if they are pre-cooked. Add cheese and take off the heat, season and pour into 4 individual ramekins.
Mix 1/4 cup melted butter with the crumbs, and sprinke over the dishes and bake for 20-25 minutes @ 170°C/325°F.
| Fishing Tip :
|Why not contact fishSA.com about your Fishing Tip|